Welcome to the ticketing and donation page for the 3rd Annual Southern California LGBTQIA Health Conference!
Please join us for our 3rd Annual Southern California LGBTQIA Health Conference at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA in Los Angeles, CA. At this conference, you will take part in dynamic conversations on healthcare’s hottest issues, learn from health care leaders in the community, and engage in interactive workshops that will prepare you for the future of LGBTQIA inclusive health care.
For more information please visit our website: www.socallgbthealthconference.org
About this year's theme:
We are proud and excited to announce that our conference this year will center on the theme of Queering Wellness: Healing as a Community. In 2016, it became more apparent than ever that one’s personal survival is inextricably linked to the survival of one’s community. From the codification of transphobic sentiment into state legislation to the tragic execution of LGBTQIA people in Orlando, the erosion of individual rights continues to occur in the shadow of systemic injustices affecting entire communities.
For health care practitioners to set aside the political realities affecting our patients is not only lacking in compassion but also detrimental to our patients’ well-being. The pursuit of patient-centered, evidence-based, and accurate medicine is therefore indistinguishable from the pursuit of a more just society. Furthermore, we want to acknowledge that many in the health care field are also in need of healing; like our patients, we too have experienced marginalization and trauma, both within and outside of our chosen profession. We too deserve a space for reflection, support, and building collective power.
To that end, we plan to “queer” — to disrupt, challenge, destabilize, and transform — our understandings of health and wellness at this year’s conference. While we will be hearing from experts in diverse fields ranging from gender dysphoria to eating disorders, we also hope to lift up your voices, your strength, and your resilience.
- Track 1: Healing Self
- Workshops will highlight the importance of maintaining wellness and wholeness among those who look after the health of others. Topics such as work/life balance as an LGBTQIA provider, spiritual health, and mindfulness will be explored in this track.
- Track 2: Healing Patients
- Workshops in this track will focus on caring for those who remain marginalized in traditional healthcare narratives. Harm reduction practices in HIV/AIDS and care of sex workers will be among the discussed topics.
- Track 3: Healing Communities
- Health for the individual rarely occurs in a vacuum; therefore, we must attend to systemic factors that influence individual wellness. In this track, we will examine issues such as community mental health and structural vulnerability in health disparities.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Track
- The Office of Continuing Medical Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The Office of Continuing Medical Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA designates this live activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Ticket (Donation) Options:
1) General Admission Donation (Undergraduate students, medical students and other healthcare students, community members, etc): SOLD OUT
- $5.00 donation includes breakfast, lunch, and conference admission; Parking is not included and is $12 on site.
2) Professional Healthcare Provider Donation: SOLD OUT
- $20.00 donation includes breakfast, lunch, and conference admission; Parking is not included and is $12 on site.
3) Continuing Medical Education (CME):
- $100.00 donation includes breakfast, lunch, and conference admission; Parking is not included and is $12 on site.
4) Other ticket options include: SOLD OUT
- $5.00 vendor donation for any vendors/organizations planning to attend the conference and table during our organization fair at lunch; Parking is not included and is $12 on site.
5) Waitlist is now available. We will contact those on the waitlist in the order recieved.
Due to safety and logistical limitations at David Geffen School of Medicine, maximum conference attendance is set at 250 attendees. Thank you for your understanding.
100% of the funding acquired through ticket donations will be used for future Southern California LGBTQIA conferences and LGBTQIA health-related events. We sincerely thank you for your donation!
Deadline to register is February 12th, 2017! Refunds may be requested by emailing email@example.com no later than Wednesday February 15th, 2017. Please let us know if you can no longer attend so that we may free up your spot to those on the waitlist.
Parking will be available at Lot #9 and will be $12.00. UCLA Transportation Services employees will be available at Lot #9 to help with parking and parking logistics. Note that tickets do not include parking. Please make sure to bring cash for parking!
We are looking for volunteers to help with conference logistics and operations during the conference. Conference admission, breakfast, and lunch for volunteers will be 100% covered. If you are interested in volunteering at the conference or have any specific questions regarding what will be expected as a conference volunteer, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to receive the volunteer discount code, please email the account above to confirm your status as a conference volunteer.
Any questions regarding ticket donations, conference logistics, volunteering at the conference, etc, can be sent to the following email address: email@example.com